Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nicaragua's Erupting Volcano

The night that my boys and I all received our prayer language, we were sharing together afterwards how it immediately gave us a heart for people around the world... our hearts were Moved With Compassion.  I've found the same thing happening all over again by sponsoring children... I have this feeling of connection with people from different parts of the globe, and care about what happens to them.  So it was just two weeks ago that tropical storm Isaac hit Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and I was praying for Islande, Samaika, Madelin, Devora, and the other children that I've been wanting to sponsor there... Dalinx, Dieulande, and Frantz... as well as the people there who were experiencing loss and danger.  Tonight I learned that Nicaragua's tallest volcano, San Cristobal, is forcing a mass evacuation as it is spewing ash and gas 2 1/2 miles up into the atmosphere...
So now I'm praying for my Nicaraguan kids, Axel and Lidia, hoping that they aren't in danger... or having to evacuate... or having to breathe ash... or being afraid. 
My friend Kayla has a good friend working with the Peace Corps in Nicaragua who was evacuated... and she just let me know that while my kids aren't in danger of this volcano itself, there is concern where they both live because it's a hotbed for seismic activity...  she and the others with the Peace Corps aren't even allowed in this area right now!

God, I speak forth Your shalom on Axel and Lidia, and upon their families, friends, and their community.  Surround them as with a shield... cover them with Your wings of protection, hold them up in Your everlasting arms, and Holy Spirit, comfort them with Your Presence.  May they experientially know the reality of Psalm 91... 

He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday...


Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place, 

No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling...


“Because he has set his love upon Me, 

therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”


Blessings to you today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment